Chasing Shadows Objectives
- Listen to the Phantom Device Holotape
- Search Cryptos for Phantom Device Components
- Locate a Stealth Boy
- Locate HalluciGen Gas
- Find a way to unlock the safe
- Use the fabricator to make a phantom device
Chasing Shadows Locations
- Riverside Manor
- Garrahan Mining HQ
- North Cutthroat Camp
Chasing Shadows Enemies
Chasing Shadows Walkthrough
To start this mission, listen to the "Phantom Device" Holotape once you've started the quest Novice of Mysteries. When you're done, use Cryptos' terminal and enter "Database Queuries" followed by "Novice | Phantom Device Components" - this will allow you to find the items needed for building the required device. You'll learn that there are two things you need to obtain, (1) HalluciGen Gas found in Garrahan Mining HQ and (2) a Stealth Boy located in North Cutthroat Camp.
It is simple to obtain the HalluciGen Gas, simply head south from Riverside Manor on your map to reach Garrahan Mining HQ. And once you've reached the location, follow the yellow quest marker that will eventually lead you to a safe in the rear end of a back room while fighting your way through some humanoids and robots - you can either pick the lock on the safe or hack the nearby terminal to unlock the safe remotely.
Once you've acquired the HalluciGen Gas, make your way to North Cutthroat Camp to find a Stealth boy. The location is found in the center part of The Savage Divide, simply make your way to the destination and your quest marker will automatically mark the location of a Stealth Boy. Eventually, you will stumble upon a Level 0 locked footlocker containing the item, use your lockpick to acquire it.
After obtaining the two items, head back to the hidden facility at Riverside Manor and use the fabricator to forge the Phantom Device resulting in the completion of this quest. This allows you to progress through the main side quest, Novice of Mysteries.
Notes & Notable Loot
- You may also find another Stealth Boy which is mentioned in Forging a Legend quest - check the notes for a detailed information on how to acquire the item.
- You will acquire the Phantom Device schematic, allowing you to craft more from the Tinker's Workbench assuming you have another Stealth boy and Hallucigen gas stocked in your inventory