Line in the Sand is a Fallout 76 Public Event. In Event: Line in the Sand, Players are to Defend the Sonic Generator from the Scorched. Public Events are quests that provide unique rewards during the available time the event is active. They are basically community quests that can be taken on by anyone (not just those in your party) on the server, as long as they're nearby.
Line in the Sand Objectives
- Defend the Sonic Generator
- Repair walls
- Enable turrets
- Arm the ASAM
- Fight off the 3 waves
- Defeat Scorchbeast
Line in the Sand Locations
Line in the Sand Enemies
Line in the Sand Walkthrough
Upon arriving at Fort Defiance, you will unlock the event quest: Line in the Sand. Before anything else, be sure you have built enough defenses to aid you with the battle, repair walls if needed, build turrets, or better yet, join a group to have a better chance of survivability. (You're going to need it!)
After you've built your defenses and carefully planned your strategy, follow the quest marker that will lead you to a sonic generator and repair it with (4) Steel. Next, head down the steps from the generator, access the Brotherhood of Steel Defense Terminal and choose [Initiate Pre-Combat Check]. Now, as soon as you select the option, you will be prompted to defend yourself within the time limit from an incoming Scorchbeast and its reinforcements.
Once the 60 seconds mark ends, the sonic generator will emit a loud noise that will attract the enemies, prompting you for the start of the intense battle - in the event that the generator or any of your turrets are destroyed, you will have to run back to it and repair it with the required resources. Simply eliminate the Scorchbeast and its reinforcements, defend the sonic generator as well as simultaneously repairing any destroyed device within the time limit to complete the quest.
- A mass of Scorched has been detected. If we get the Sonic Generator online we can fight them using the Brotherhood of Steel's defenses.
- The Scorched are attacking Fort Defiance. We have to use the Brotherhood's defenses to defeat them.
If you fail:
- We failed to protect the Responder robot Steelheart while he carried out his patrol of the Morgantown streets, and now the old robot is just a pile of scrap.
Notes & Notable Loot
- Challenges: Completing an Event while in a Group gives 10 Atoms
- Challenges: Completing 10 Events or Quests while in a Group gives 40 Atoms