Fallout 76 Mutations are a special status effect on the player character. These effects have both negative and positive results for the afflicted, and can be optionally introduced into Builds to optimize your setup by buffing certain Stats or obtaining unique effects.
What are Mutations in Fallout 76?
Radiation is a constant environmental hazard in the Fallout universe and Mutations are the effect of constant exposure to it. Mutations work the same way as traits did in the previous Fallout games, in that they apply both buffs and debuffs to the player's character.
How to Get Mutations in Fallout 76
- Obtain mutations by idling near hazardous waste or within radiated or gas areas, eating irradiated food, or swimming in or drinking wasteland water. You can also contract mutations from certain enemies such as Feral Ghouls.
- Upgrading the Starched Genes Perk to Rank 2 ensures that Radaway will not cure mutations.
- Upgrading the Starched Genes Perk to Rank 2 ensures that no new mutations can be acquired, guaranteeing you can keep the one you like.
How to Cure Mutations in Fallout 76
- Mutations can only be removed by taking Radaway.
- Mutations can be completely prevented by Upgrading and equipping the Starched Genes perk.
- You can change your Mutation by exposing yourself to more hazards and radiation, as mutations override each other.
- Death does not remove mutations.
Fallout 76 Mutations
|Chameleon||Invisibility while unarmored and standing still||Can't wear armor|
|Bird Bones||AGI +4 and slowed fall speed.||STR -4|
|Eagle Eyes||Critical Damage +25%, PER +4||STR -4|
|Egg Head||INT +6||STR -3, END -3|
|Electrically Charged||Charged Chance to shock when melee attacked||-|
|Unstable Isotope||Chance to irradiate melee attackers||-|
|Empath||Damage taken by teammates -25%||Damage taken by the player with mutation +33%|
|Grounded||Energy Resistance +100||Energy Damage -20%|
|Healing Factor||Health Regeneration +300%||Chem Effects -55%|
|Herbivore||Vegetables provide x2 benefit and no disease||Cannot eat meat|
|Carnivore||Meat provides x2 benefit and no disease||Cannot eat vegetables|
|Plague walker||Poison aura scaling with your diseases + diseases last longer||Still suffer from diseases' effects|
|Marsupial||Carry weight +20, +jump height||INT -4|
|Scaly skin||Damage and Energy Resistance +50||AP -25|
|Speed Demon||Movement speed +20, faster reload||Food and thirst drains faster|
|Talons||Punching attacks do 25% more damage + bleed damage||Ranged accuracy -50%|
|Twisted Muscles||Melee damage +25%, better chance to cripple limbs||Weapon accuracy -50%|
|Herd Mentality||All SPECIAL stats +2 when grouped||All SPECIAL stats -2 when solo.|
|Adrenal Reaction||+Weapon DMG and quick health regen at low HP||Max HP -50|