Herd Mentality is one of the Mutations of Fallout 76 (FO76). Mutations work the same way as Traits did in the previous Fallout games, in that they apply both buffs and debuffs to the player's character.
Herd Mentality Information
This mutation is beneficial to players who plan to team up and play cooperatively with other players (human Companions)
- When in a group, It gives a 2 point boost to ALL Stats, which has a significant impact on gameplay
- If you play solo, however, this is a significantly bad effect on your character, diminishing all your Stats by 2 points.
How to Get Herd Mentality
- Obtain mutations by idling near hazardous waste or within radiated or gas areas, eating radiated food, swimming in or drinking wasteland water. You can also contract mutations from certain enemies such as Feral Ghouls.
- Upgrading the Starched Genes Perk to Rank 2 ensures that Radaway will not cure mutations.
- Upgrading the Starched Genes Perk to Rank 2 ensures that no new mutations can be acquired, guaranteeing you can keep the one you like.
How to Cure Herd Mentality
- Mutations can only be removed by taking Radaway.
- Mutations can be completely prevented by Upgrading and equipping the Starched Genes perk.
- You can change your Mutation by exposing yourself to more hazards and radiation, as mutations can override each other.
- Death does not remove mutations.
|Fallout 76 Mutations|