|Bonus||Damage and Energy Resistance +50|
Scaly skin is one of the Mutations of Fallout 76 (FO76). Mutations work the same way as Traits did in the previous Fallout games, in that they apply both buffs and debuffs to the player's character.
Scaly skin Information
This mutation is beneficial to players who are looking to make themselves more "tanky", at the expense of Action Points.
- The player gains +50 damage resistance and energy resistance, buffing defenses.
- But the side effect reduces your Action Points by -50, limiting the amount of actions you have available.
- Used in Fallout 76 Melee Build Guide
How to Get Scaly skin
- Obtain mutations by idling near hazardous waste or within radiated or gas areas, eating radiated food, swimming in or drinking wasteland water. You can also contract mutations from certain enemies such as Feral Ghouls.
- Upgrading the Starched Genes Perk to Rank 2 ensures that Radaway will not cure mutations.
- Upgrading the Starched Genes Perk to Rank 2 ensures that no new mutations can be acquired, guaranteeing you can keep the ones you like.
How to Cure Scaly skin
- Mutations can only be removed by taking Radaway, or by removing the rads through other means (such as a decontamination shower).
- Mutations can be completely prevented by Upgrading and equipping the Starched Genes perk.
- You can change your Mutation by exposing yourself to more hazards and radiation, as mutations can override each other. Players can have multiple mutations simultaneously.
- Death does not remove mutations.