Fallout 76 Patch Notes gives players an overview of changes to the game deployed by Bethesda Studios. Developers usually deploy patches to balance gameplay, adjust mechanics, fix bugs and errors or add content. When patches add content, it is called DLC.
Fallout 76 Patches
April 9 2019 Patch
- Lying Lowe Questline: Separate fact from fiction as you investigate the mysterious disappearance of Calvin van Lowe.
- Design and Balance Adjustments: Vendors, Turrets, Glowing Mass, V.A.T.S. and more have received design and balance updates.
- Item Renaming: Add a personal touch to your Apparel, Armor, Power Armor, and Weapons by giving them custom names.
- News Screen: A splash screen will now automatically appear upon logging into Fallout 76 to notify you of the latest game news and announcements.
- The Burrows (Coming April 16): Explore The Burrows, a new subterranean dungeon that offers a challenging experience for even the toughest of Wasteland adventurers.
Download sizes for today’s patch will be approximately 6 GB for consoles and 2 GB for PC.
- PC: 126.96.36.199
- PS4: 188.8.131.52
- Xbox: 184.108.40.206
The New Wild Appalachia Content
New Quests – LYING LOWE
- The Lying Lowe questline is now available! Begin your investigation into this mysterious case by finding and reading one of the “Sheepsquatch Ate My Brother” posters in Lewisburg or at Train Stations around Appalachia.
- “Sheepsquatch Ate My Brother” posters are also available for free in the Atomic Shop until 9:00 a.m. EDT on May 7. Once claimed, you can place the poster in your C.A.M.P. and read it to start the quest.
- Read our to learn more.
New Dungeon– THE BURROWS (COMING APRIL 16)
- A new dungeon experience will become available one week following today’s patch, on April 16.
- This challenging venture will take you beneath Harper’s Ferry as you follow in the footsteps of the Brotherhood of Steel, who sent their forces underground for unknown reasons.
- Even the heartiest of Appalachian adventurers will have difficulty exploring The Burrows alone. Assemble a squad and make sure your gear is up to snuff before taking on this subterranean battleground.
Design and Balance
SURVIVAL MODE BETA
- Death Mechanics: The amount of Aid dropped on death has been significantly reduced.
- Death Mechanics: The number of Caps lost when killed by another player has been reduced from double to 25% of that character’s level.
- For example, A level 60 character who is killed in Survival will now lose 15 Caps, rather than 120. The killer in this case will earn 15 Caps.
- Scoreboards: Map highlights for the top 3 ranked players are now based on the Players Killed Scoreboard rather than Longest Life.
- Temporary Invulnerability: In a recent hotfix, we addressed an issue that could prevent the temporary invulnerability effect from being applied correctly to players after Fast Traveling or Respawning.
VENDOR FACTION UPDATES
- A Vendor from each faction except the Enclave can now be found downstairs in the shops at The Whitespring Resort.
- This should help reduce the need to Fast Travel in order to visit multiple Vendor Factions when buying and selling items.
- The pool of 200 Caps that was previously allocated to each Vendor Faction has been merged into one combined pool of 1,400 Caps that is shared across all Factions.
- This means that buying items from, or selling items to, a Vendor will update the pool of available Caps across all Vendor Factions.
- This change should offer more flexibility when buying and selling higher-priced items, or when attempting to trade many items at once.
- The Vendor Cap pool still resets after 20 real-time hours.
TURRET ATTACK DAMAGE AND RANGE TUNING
- Player-built Turrets are now affected by player PvP damage rules, which feature damage scaling, as well as an increase in base damage for all types of Turrets, ranging from +15% to +100% damage depending the Turret.
- Additionally, Turret attack ranges have been increased to match players’ weapon ranges.
- The Shotgun Turret’s projectile spread has been reduced to better match the Combat Shotgun.
- These changes should help Turrets in C.A.M.P.s and Workshops pose a bigger and more consistent threat against attackers.
ADDITIONAL DESIGN AND BALANCE UPDATES
- C.A.M.P.: The chance to acquire milk from a Brahmin spawned at a player’s C.A.M.P. has been reduced by half.
- Challenges: Consume Alcohol Challenges have had their requirements reduced from 50 and 25 beverages to 20 and 10.
- Challenges: Craft Alcohol Challenges have had their requirements reduced from 50 and 25 beverages to 20 and 10.
- (Added April 9) Crafting: Several craftable hats and outfits have had their crafting costs increased and Cap values decreased.
- Dev Note: Previously, it was very easy to gain lots of caps by crafting and selling these items. We've made balance adjustments accordingly to prevent them from being exploited, without making them too difficult to craft. This was missed during our initial patch notes creation process.
- Food: The rate at which Food spoils is now more consistent.
- Items: Resources that glowing creatures drop as loot in nuke zones, such as Glowing Mass and Hardened Mass, are now instanced for all players who deal damage to those creatures.
- Items: Equipping Armor with Cryogenic or Incendiary Legendary Mods no longer causes the wearer to become hostile toward attacking players in Adventure Mode prior to returning fire.
- V.A.T.S.: No longer targets friendly or neutral players or creatures.
NEW FEATURE – NEWS SCREEN
- Upon logging in, a new screen will automatically display to notify you of the new Fallout 76 announcements, Atomic Shop offers, patch notes, and the latest game-related news.
- The top of the news screen will display four different items. You can cycle through them by pressing d-pad right and left on controllers, or by clicking on PC.
- A “More Info” option will appear along the bottom edge of the screen when viewing some news items. Selecting this may take you to a related article on Fallout.com or into the Atomic Shop.
- The news screen can be dismissed by selecting the “Main Menu” option to view the game’s Main Menu.
- Once closed, the news screen can be re-opened at any time from the Main Menu by selecting the “News” option that has been added to the bottom-center of the screen.
NEW FEATURE – ITEM RENAMING
- Add a personal touch to a wide variety of items by giving them custom names.
- Items that can be renamed include: Apparel, Armor, Weapons, Power Armor Chassis, and Power Armor pieces you own.
- Weapons that stack, like Throwing Knives or Grenades cannot be renamed.
- To rename an item, select it in your Inventory, Stash, or a Workbench, and choose the “Inspect” option. Then, select the “Rename” option to enter and save a custom name for that item.
- Items can be renamed as many times as you like.
- Choose the “Clear Name” option to restore an item’s default name.
- A custom name will only appear to the player who originally renamed that item, and the item will return to its default name when traded, sold, or dropped.
ADDITIONAL USER INTERFACE UPDATES
- Item Assignment Icons: When viewed in the Stash or transfer menus, items that have been assigned to an object now display icons next to their names indicating where they have been assigned.
- Dev Note: For the moment, these icons will only appear on items assigned to the Fermenter. In future updates, we plan to implement more of these types of icons for other new features, such as player vending and display cases.
- Fermenter: Items that have Condition will now display Condition bars next to their names when viewed in the Fermenter.
- Map: Selecting a marker on the Map will now make it visible in front of any other overlapping Map icons, such as teammate icons.
- Stash: The Stash container preview window has been removed, and the transfer menu must be opened to view the contents of the Stash.
- Dev Note: This type of preview window makes it quick and easy to loot a few items from containers you find, but it isn’t the best way to cycle through your entire Stash. Additionally, removing this window from the Stash affords us a small performance improvement. As a result, we’ve removed this window in favor of opening the full transfer menu to view your Stash inventory.
- Voice: Removed support for Xbox Kinect as a microphone option in the interest of overall performance and optimization for the game.
ART AND GRAPHICS
- Animation: Characters now sip a refreshing beverage while toiling away at the Brewing Workbench.
- Graphics: Corpseflowers have received updated visual effects that will help them be more noticeable at night.
- Main Menu: Sound effects now play when highlighting the Adventure and Survival options when choosing a mode after selecting “Play”.
- Survival Beta: Sound effects now play upon placing a Bounty on another player after being killed in the Survival Mode Beta.
- Survival Beta: Sound effects now play upon receiving a Bounty from another player who has been killed in the Survival Mode Beta.
PERFORMANCE AND STABILITY
- General: Players will no longer encounter a black screen after respawning at Harper's Ferry while wearing Power Armor.
- Performance: Reduced client hitching that could occur around creatures and other players.
- Performance: Improved server performance when moving through an area with many containers; e.g. the Scorched Beast Queen fight.
- Performance: Addressed issue that would affect performance when browsing the Atomic Shop.
- Performance: The Atomic Shop’s initial loading time has been improved, greatly reducing the delay before a player can enter the Atomic Shop.
- Performance: Made optimization improvements during the character save process.
- Stability: Fixed an issue that could cause the game client to become unresponsive after Fast Traveling or Respawning.
- Stability: Addressed a crash that could occur when another player claimed a Workshop.
- Stability: Addressed an issue that could cause the client to crash after dying and respawning multiple times while wearing Power Armor
ART AND GRAPHICS
- Animation: Fixed several animation issues affecting various Emotes.
- Animation: Fixed a visual issue that could cause Power Armor pieces to briefly disappear when exiting a Power Armor Station.
- Animation: Made adjustments to reload animations for several weapons, including the Short Lever Action Rifle, Handmade Gun, and Combat Rifle.
- Animation: Fixed an issue that could cause Power Fist animations to stop playing in certain situations.
- Animation: Dying just after entering furniture no longer causes those animations to continue to play after death.
- Animation: A bottle will no longer appear to float near the player while using the Brewing Workbench.
- Environment: Fixed collision issues in the tower of the Church in the Mire.
- Environment: Rain no longer appears to fall inside of buildings and structures when moving the camera from side to side.
- Graphics: Switching from a Power Armor helmet to another type of helmet no longer causes the character’s hair to disappear.
- Graphics: The Salvaged Assaultron Head’s visual effects that display when the weapon is charged are now correctly visible to other players.
- Items: The back side of the Vault-Tec Leather Chest now correctly appears when viewing the item in the Inspect menu.
- Items: The Pipe Bolt-Action Pistol ammo no longer appears to clip through the back of the gun in third person view.
- World: Exiting a Workbench while in third person view no longer causes the game camera to always face true north.
- World: Drinking Nukashine and blacking out while using furniture no longer results in camera issues.
C.A.M.P., CRAFTING, AND WORKSHOPS
- Blueprints: When attempting to place a Blueprint that contains a locked object, such as a locked door, the material costs to place the locked item will now appear correctly.
- Exploit: Addressed an exploit that could allow players to gain a free C.A.M.P. placement.
- Exploit: Addressed an exploit that could allow beverages to be duplicated.
- Crafting: In Modify mode, the “Variant” option no longer incorrectly appears after selecting an object that has variants.
- Crafting: Fixed an issue in which several C.A.M.P. objects could appear placeable even if the player lacked the materials required to build them.
- Crafting: When attempting to replace an existing mod on an item with a new mod, players will now receive a notification informing them that the currently equipped mod will be destroyed.
- Crafting: Fixed an issue where unlearned objects were missing icons and preview images in the build menu.
- Crafting: Vault-Tec Bed variants 1 and 2 now correctly appear in the crafting menu after the player learns the associated plans.
- Crafting: Addressed an inconsistency in how object costs and quantities were displayed when using the “Repair All” option.
- Fermenter: Beverages assigned to a Fermenter no longer continue to ferment if the Fermenter is destroyed.
- Fermenter: The Fermenter menu will now close if the Fermenter is destroyed while the menu is open.
- Fermenter: Fixed an issue that would cause the Fermenter Tutorial to repeatedly appear.
- Fermenter: Fixed an issue where items from Fermenter would be lost if C.A.M.P. could not be placed.
- Neon Letters: Fixed several issues affecting placement of Neon Letters, Numbers, and Symbols.
- Pylons: Players can no longer bypass a keypad that has been connected to a Power Pylon when attempting to toggle the power to that Pylon.
- Workbenches: The Vault-Tec Weapons Workbench no longer changes positions after its owner Fast Travels.
- Workbenches: Fixed an issue in which the Power Armor Station menu could persist on-screen if the station was destroyed while in-use.
- Workshop: Fixed an issue in which Workshop defense event quests could be marked as complete before all enemies were killed.
- Workshop: If the current Workshop owner disconnects while another player is contesting ownership, the contesting player will automatically be selected as the new owner.
- Daily: Wearing a Sun Hat when taking a picture now correctly progresses the “Take a Picture While Wearing a Hat” Challenge.
- Daily: Wearing a Sun Hat when collecting Caps now correctly progresses the “Collect Caps While Wearing a Hat” Challenge.
- Daily: The “Craft Alcohol While Intoxicated and Wearing a Beer Hat” can now be properly completed while under the effects of Chems.
- Combat: Using a Railway Rifle to kill a Robot now correctly progresses the “Kill a Robot with a Rifle” Challenge.
- Combat: Using a Flare Gun to kill a Robot now correctly progresses the “Kill a Robot with a Pistol” Challenge.
- Social: On consoles, the “Make a Friend” Challenge now correctly completes after successfully adding a friend.
- Weekly: The “Kill a Megasloth” subchallenge for the “Kill Different Kinds of Tough Enemies” Weekly Challenge now correctly completes upon killing a Megasloth.
- Encounters: Fixed a wilderness encounter in which two enemy types would not fight each other as expected. One of the enemies was replaced by Bees and will now correctly fight with Ghouls.
- Insult Bot: The Insult Bot will now insult you.
- Ranged Enemies: Fixed an issue where certain Creatures were not using their Sprint movement behavior while within max attack range.
- Dev Note: Some melee-focused creatures were incorrectly using maximum attack range (instead of "desired" range) when deciding whether to Sprint towards their target. Affected creatures will now Sprint much more often, making them faster overall and better at engaging with melee combat. (ex. Angler, HoneyBeast, Snallygaster)
- Respawn: Large enemies no longer spawn in incompatible locations.
- Ammo: Fixed an issue that could prevent Ammo from being automatically equipped if it was dropped and then picked up again.
- Exploits: Addressed an exploit that could result in infinite ammo for the Gatling Laser and Gatling Plasma.
- Food: Buffs and other effects applied after consuming food, such as Radstag Meat or Appalachian Chili, now persist across play sessions if the player logs out before the timers for those effects expire.
- Weapons: Holiday Emotes now work correctly when weapons are equipped.
- Weapons: The Railway Rifle now correctly benefits from rifle-related Perks.
- Weapons: The Salvaged Assaultron Head no longer fires all Fusion Cells in a player’s inventory on the first shot.
- Weapons: Charged weapons, such as the Salvaged Assaultron Head, now correctly deal increased damage in proportion to the number of times they have been charged.
- Weapons: Attempting to fire the Salvaged Assaultron Head while it is charging will no longer cause the player to take radiation damage, as if it had been successfully fired.
QUESTS AND EVENTS
- Always Vigilant: Upon completing the quest, item rewards will no longer appear before the quest completion fanfare.
- Black Mountain Ordnance Works: Fixed an issue that prevented players from picking up the TNT Dome Key 7 at Overlook Cabin if another player had already collected it.
- Census Violence: This event no longer occasionally spawns critters instead of enemy creatures.
- Coming to Fruition: Turrets no longer respawn in the armory courtyard if they had previously been destroyed.
- Exploits: Addressed an exploit that could allow players to repeatedly gain XP during the Key to the Past quest.
- Irrational Fear: The event timer no longer momentarily disappears from the quest tracker.
- Supply Drops: Nearby players no longer receive the Miscellaneous Objective instructing them to find another player’s Government Supply Drop.
- Swarm of Suitors: Fixed several issues that could prevent players from progressing the Swarm of Suitors Event.
- Wasted on Nukashine: Fixed an issue that could cause the Nukashine Supply Room password to lose its status as a quest item if the player became disconnected.
- Animal Friend, Wasteland Whisperer: Pacified creatures no longer attack C.A.M.P. objects like Generators or Artillery.
- Animal Friend, Wasteland Whisperer: Pacified creatures no longer become aggressive if the player has the Plague Walker Mutation.
- Cap Collector: Addressed an issue that could prevent the “Search” option from being displayed while viewing Cap containers.
- Escape Artist: Gaining invisibility from the Chameleon Mutation while already invisible from the Escape Artist Perk, or vice versa, no longer results in permanent invisibility.
- Shared Perks: No longer automatically become unshared if the sharing player’s Charisma stat is modified.
- Alpine Horn: Increased the volume of the Alpine Horn’s sound effects when activated.
- C.A.M.P. Objects: The Waving Santa statue now correctly plays its merry jingle while powered on.
- Wanted: The Wanted notification sound effect no longer plays every time a Wanted player closes their Pip-Boy or Map.
- Workbenches: Fixed an issue affecting the ratchet sound effects that play while at a Tinker’s Workbench.
- Challenges: Fixed an issue that could cause notification text to appear truncated when making progress toward a tracked challenge.
- Challenges: The notification text and animated Atom icon that display upon completing a Challenge no longer overlap.
- Challenges: Several Daily and Weekly Challenges have had their titles shortened to improve consistency in the Challenge Menu.
- Compass: While wearing Power Armor, Map and Quest markers no longer appear misaligned from their actual locations in the Compass.
- Challenges: Fixed an issue that could cause the Atom and Perk Card Pack reward symbols to appear misaligned in the Challenges Menu.
- Favorites: When Favoriting multiple weapons of the same type, the radial favorites wheel now correctly saves players’ selections across play sessions.
- Hotkeys: On PC, the “Toggle Unlockables” button that appears while using Workbenches is now correctly bound to the “V” key.
- Localization: Lengthy Sub Challenge titles no longer extend beyond the edges of the screen when viewing the Challenges Menu while using a Spanish game client.
- Main Menu: Corrected a minor texture issue in the Wild Appalachia Main Menu video.
- Main Menu: Hovering over the Atomic Shop while it is still loading no longer causes a grey highlight to persist.
- Map: Player icons no longer appear on the Map for characters inside Vault 76 who have not yet completed character creation.
- Map: Hunter/Hunted assassination target quest markers no longer appear offset from the target’s actual location when viewing the Map.
- Player Reporting: The confirmation message after reporting another player now includes a URL directing them to the Customer Support website.
- Power Armor: When replacing a Power Armor mod that is required by another mod to work, such as the Mothman Power Armor Paint and Headlamp, a message will now appear, stating “This will destroy the currently equipped mod and any mods that require it.”
- Quick Swap: Unequipping Apparel or Throwing Weapons and then using the Weapon Quick Swap button no longer causes the player to switch to their fists.
- Respawn: Fixed an issue that could prevent players from receiving the “Retrieve your dropped loot” objective upon respawning after dropping Junk.
- Shop: Corrected an issue that could cause discount amounts displayed in the Atomic Shop to round down.
- Shop: On PC, only the “Enter” key can be used to confirm a purchase in the Atomic Shop.
- Shop: Unlocking an Atomic Shop item via the Change Appearance menu now immediately equips that item.
- Survival Beta: Fixed an issue that could prevent a player from receiving kill credit in the Players Killed Scoreboard after downing another player who is then killed by someone else.
- Survival Beta: The Wanted players and the current top 3 players in the Scoreboards now appear when viewing the Map while respawning.
- Survival Beta: Fixed an issue that could allow players to Fast Travel to a paper bag dropped by a teammate on death.
- Survival Beta: When placing a Bounty on another player the Cap amount displayed now more accurately matches the slider’s position.
- Survival Beta: If a player only owns the minimum number of Caps required to place a Bounty on their killer, the slider’s position will now more accurately match that Bounty amount.
- Trade: Upon inviting another player to trade, a new notification will now appear stating “Waiting for [Player Name]’s response” until that player responds to the invite.
- Voice: Relaunching the game on Xbox One after the client closed unexpectedly no longer occasionally causes Voice Chat to stop working.
- Workbenches: Item categories no longer appear in Workbench menus if no items in that category are available.
January 10 2019 Patch
Download sizes for the update will be approximately 4GB for consoles and around 500MB for PC.
- PC: 220.127.116.11
- PS4: Available next week
- Xbox: Available next week
- Power Armor: The Power Armor light has been made brighter.
- Performance: Several improvements have been made to in-game performance.
- Stability: The Fallout 76 game client and servers have received additional stability improvements.
- Charging Barrels mod: Increased the Gatling Laser’s damage bonus from the Charging Barrels mod.
- Glowing Ones : Glowing Ones will no longer grant erroneous large amounts of XP. DevNote: Glowing Ones were granting Large Boss XP rewards, making them highly exploitable when combined with Nuke Zones.
- Crafting: Lowered chance of Power Generators of spawning fusion cores.
- Crafting: Set minimum component cost of workshop buildings requiring steel, wood or plastic to 2.
- Bobby Pins: Reduced the weight value of Bobby Pins from 0.1 to 0.001.
- Teams: Players now receive a notification that “Players cannot form teams from within Vault 76” if an Invite is sent to a friend still in Vault 76.
- PvP: Opening Player-owned, locked containers will now be considered a PVP action as expected.
Stability and Performance
- [Xbox One] Performance: Blowing up the mainframe core stations will no longer cause a performance drop.
- [PC] Infinite Load: Fixed an infinite load screen that could occur when attempting to join a server on PC.
- Crash: Fixed a crash that can occur when opening the Pip-Boy.
- Performance: Improved client performance when viewing a nuke explode.
- Performance: Fixed an issue where reading a note would cause the background to freeze.
- Performance: Increased performance in areas with a lot of scorched statues.
- Systems: Fixed an issue where items could be duplicated.
- [PC] Controls: Resetting controls to default no longer causes most Activate prompts to become unusable.
- [PC] Controls: Fixed an issue when controls in the Settings menu aren't updated when connecting/disconnecting a gamepad controller.
- Systems: Fixed an issue that allowed armor mods to reduce carry weight past intended values.
- Systems: Rads will no longer completely be removed when by dying repeatedly.
- Systems: Address an issue where players could load into geometry after fast travel.
- Systems: Fixed an issue where bashing an enemy with the Railway Rifle or Crossbow would add the projectile to the enemy's inventory.
Art and Graphics
- Animations: Lever-Action rifle now only reloads the correct number of ammo.
- Effects: Consumed Berry Mentats now correctly show purple glowing auras around players and creatures.
C.A.M.P.S, Workshops and Crafting
- Crafting: Level 25 armor and above now requires ballistic fiber to craft.
- Repairing: Component quantities required to repair mid to high level armor and weapons have been reduced up to 20%. DevNote: - Repair costs scale with level, and there's room to reduce costs at higher levels.
- Crafting: Ballistic Fiber becomes required for armor at level 25 instead of previously at level 20
- Crafting: Updated Bulk Acid crafting recipe to require 15 Acid.
- Crafting: Fixed an issue that prevented players with the correctly equipped perk cards from being able to craft Antibiotics and Disease Cure (Savage Divide).
- Crafting: “Hardened Mass” will no longer be scrapped when “Scrap All Junk” is selected.
- Repairing: Overall repair costs have been lowered for both weapons and armor.
- Crafting: Ballistic Fiber also is now required for repairing armor at level 25 and above instead of previously at level 20.
- Workshops: Fixed issues where enemies at some Workshop locations would spawn underground, making the Workshops unclaimable. Locations include: Charleston Landfill, Lakeside Cabins, and Sunshine Meadows.
- Workshops: Fixed an issue where objects in Workshops would sometimes float in the air when the Workshop menu was closed.
- Workshops: Destroying the hay feeder along with the fertilizer collector will no longer prevent them from being repaired.
- C.A.M.P./Workshops: Fixed an issue that would cause a “not supported” error when attempting to place a tall or short post under a roof.
- Blueprints: Fixed an issue with the cost of wires not being factored in when storing blueprints.
- Crafting: Fixed an issue where certain objects aren't able to be scrapped through the stored tab.
- Workshops: Fixed an issue where certain stored items obtained from claiming a Public Workshop can't be placed again.
- Crafting: Fixed a visual issue with scrapping items in Crafting Menus.
- Crafting: Fixed an issue where mods cost less steel than what's displayed in Crafting Menus.
- Crafting: Fixed a display issue where incorrect number of Junk items can appear in Crafting Menus.
- Daily Challenges: Fixed several daily challenges that were not being offered on some days. Dev Note: These include “Pick Wild Flowers”, “Harvest Mutfruit Plants”, and “Harvest Wild Plants and Fungi”.
- Daily Challenge: Fixed an issue that prevented some wild flowers from incrementing in the “Pick Wild Flowers” Daily Challenge.
- Weekly Challenge: Fixed an issue that caused the weekly challenge "Complete Quests and Events in a Group while at Night" to work during the day and only recognize events. It will now look for quests and events that are completed at night.
- Weekly Challenge: Edited the description of a Weekly Challenge to correctly reflect the direction.
- Sub-Challenge: Fixed an issue that prevented certain photomode challenges from completing as expected.
- Sub-Challenge: Fixed an issue that prevented certain Bobblehead challenges from completing as expected.
- Sub-Challenge: Fixed an issue that caused a challenge to be marked as complete incorrectly.
- Lifetime Challenges: Fixed an issue where some lifetime challenges would revert progress after logging out.
- Robots: Fixed an issue that would cause robots to respawn too frequently in Whitesprings.
- Scorched: Fixed an issue where Wasteland Whisperer could affect Scorched. Dev Note: Wasteland Whisperer can no longer be used to pacify Scorched.
- Scorched: Shooting a Scorched in the leg will no longer break their weapon causing them to not attack the player.
- Scorched: Fixed an issue where Scorched may be using invisible weapons or not appearing to fire their weapon correctly.
- Scorched: Fixed an issue that caused floating debris and disassembled guns to appear in Scorched hands when killed.
- Weapons: Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause plasma weapons, flamers and flamer mods, and weapons with explosive bullet mods to not do damage to other players and creatures.
- Armor: Fixed an issue that would cause players exiting power armor to sometimes appear stretched and unable to reenter power armor.
- Armor: Addressed several issues that would prevent players from exiting power armor and at times cause the Pip-Boy to become unavailable.
- Weapons: Fixed an issue that prevented the Gauss Rifle from being identified as a rifle. Now rifle-related perks can be applied to the Gauss Rifle.
- Ammo Vending Machines: Fixed an issue where some Ammo Vending Machines were only selling repair components.
- Weapons: Legendary Hunting Rifles will now drop as loot.
- Weapons: Fixed an issue where the Walking Cane provided as many resources when scrapped as it costs to craft.
- Armor: Fixed an issue where some Pocketed Chest Pieces were resetting players back to their base carry weight upon logging back into the game.
- Armor: Fixed an issue where players can leave behind an unusable chassis after exiting Power Armor.
- Magazine: Consuming Scouts’ Life 6 magazine now correctly depletes food and water stats at a slower rate.
- Weapons: M79 Grenade Launcher is now considered an explosive weapon in perks instead of being incorrectly considered a shotgun.
- Fusion Cores: Fixed an issue where Fusion Core generators were producing cores at a slower rate than intended. They are now back to 8 cores/hr.
- Magazine: Fixed the Backwoodsman 2 magazine to appropriately boost Tomahawk damage.
- Mirelurk Eggs: Harvesting Mirelurk Eggs will not result in two separate eggs.
- Weapons: Fixed an issue where several combat rifle automatic receiver mods were prevented from receiving automatic rifle perk bonuses.
- Weapons: Fixed an issue where multiple weapons were able to be equipped at the same time.
- Weapons: The Vampire weapon mod effect now works only when hitting living targets as intended.
- Armor: Fixed an issue where Power Armor parts would display on top of previously equipped parts.
- Weapons: Fixed an issue where bashing an enemy with certain weapons would add the projectile to the enemy's inventory.
- Armor: Fusion Cores will no longer replenish to full charge upon joining another world.
Quests and Events
- “Get the Supply Drop”: “Get the Supply Drop” Event now will remove holotape once used with supply crate belonging to the player that requested the Supply Drop.
- Quest: Daily Missile Silo quest rewards are now correctly obtainable only once per day.
- “Line in the Sand”: Fixed an issue with the quest, Line in the Sand where the Sonic Generator already being repaired prevented the player from completing the quest. The event will now progress to the next stage if the Sonic Generator is already repaired when the Event begins.
- “Recruitment Blues”: Fixed an issue with the objective, “find Junk Mail” that prevented players who switched worlds from completing the quest.
- “Second Helpings”: The following location map markers are now available after finishing “Second Helpings”: Slocum's Joe, Gauley Mine, Morgantown Trainyard, and Morgantown Airport.
- All Night Long: All Night Long now decreases hunger and thirst growth at night.
- Overdrive: Fixed an issue where Overdrive was not increasing critical chance % properly.
- Quack Surgeon: Quack Surgeon no longer allows for reviving hostile players.
- Strange in Numbers: Strange in Numbers effects now scale properly with multiple teammates (with and without mutations).
- Refractor: Fixed an error where each rank of Refactor is doubling energy resistance instead of adding +20 as indicated on the Perk card description.
- Fireproof: Fireproof now reduces explosion and flame attack damage by 15% per rank.
- Happy Camper: Happy Camper now functions correctly whether the player is inside or outside of their C.A.M.P. when the perk conditions are refreshed.
- Butcher’s Bounty: Fixed an issue that allowed for the Butcher’s Bounty perk to trigger again on an already-searched creature.
- Homebody: The Homebody perk now works as intended when at a claimed Public Workshop.
- Party Boy/Girl: Party Boy/Girl now effects active alcohol effects on the player.
- Teams: Teamed players can no longer unfairly block an attacking player when that player attempts to overtake a workshop. Your teammate will enter PVP with the attacking player.
- Turrets: Turrets at Workshops will now attack players the Workshop owner is engaged in PvP with.
- Systems: Blocking a player now also mutes their proximity chat.
- Trade: Fixed an issue where players could view another player’s inventory before they can respond to a trade invite.
- Trade: We no longer let trades occur before the requested player has consented to trade.
- Trade: Fixed an issue where the Stash transfer menu would appear empty after previously trading with another player.
- Trade: Stimpaks with a price value set to zero will no longer prompt “use” in the Trade Menu instead of “accept”.
- Trade: Changed caps limit for player-to-player trades from 5000 to 25000.
- Chat: Fixed an issue where voice chat would not always function properly upon exiting the Atomic Shop.
- Atomic Shop: Fixed an issue where some Atomic Shop content was missing sound effects.
- Atomic Shop: “Waving Santa” sound effect will now only play when in “on” state.
- General: Players no longer will receive a pop-up for the Atomic Shop when Respawning for the first time.
- [PC] Resolution: Perk Pack opening screen now extends to the edge on 21:9 monitors.
- Atomic Shop: Players in the Atomic Shop when the Atomic Shop is taken offline will now be notified and taken back to the Main Menu.
- [PC] FOV: Fixed an issue with scoped weapons zooming incorrectly when the default Field of View setting has been changed.
- PvP: Fixed an issue where the PVP prompt would appear repeatedly while the same players engaged in combat with each other.
Reminder that PC will be receiving the update first with console to follow next week. Patch notes will remain the same pending any changes there may be.
Upcoming January 2019 Patches
The upcoming January 14 2019 patch seeks to address issues with Challenges, Quests and 150 fixes on bugs and exploits. Another patch is expected to be put out at the end of January 2019 which will address community voiced issues like plans availability in vendors, fixing a few Legendary mods, and continuing to address issues with some Perks.
Patch 18.104.22.168 December 13th 2018
- PC: 22.214.171.124 – Now Available
- PS4 and Xbox One – December 13th
Patch Note Overall Changes
While the changes will be applied across platforms, PC players have some specific tweaks:
- C.A.M.P. Construction Improvements – You now will be able to build more easily. Placing objects over rocks, shrubs or other small objects will no longer be issue as the obstruction will automatically be removed. You can place things where you want without issue.
- C.A.M.P. Placement Improvements – Players will now receive a notification if your C.A.M.P. location is occupied by another player when you log into a world. Staying in the world will mean you place your C.A.M.P. back down for without cost. Choosing to not place your C.A.M.P. and joining a new world will cause the C.A.M.P. to appear in its original spot if it is unoccupied.
- SPECIAL Re-speccing – You can now respec once you reach level 51 and for every level after if you wish to re-spec. You will be given the choice to unlock a new Perk Card or to reallocate one SPECIAL point.
- Push-to-Talk – PC players will now have the option to use Push-to-Talk instead of open comms. A hotkey has now been made available so you can choose when to talk.
- More PC Settings – New settings have been added which allows Field of View adjustments and Depth of Field.
- 21:9 Resolution Support – PC players will now be able to choose a wider aspects for their viewing pleasure. Fallout 76 now can be played in 21:9 aspect ratio.
The patch comes with some more performance updates to help make the game smoother to play. Also stability improvements have been added to the Fallout 76 game client and further improvements to servers.
Minor adjustments have been made to lighting, exterior environments will now appear brighter in low lighting conditions.
- Drops from creatures have been reduced for .308 Ammo. Players will gain .308 Ammo in stacks of 1-5 instead of the original 12 for each kill.
- Super Mutants drops have also been nerfed, with only dropping Gunpowder half as often with lower chances of receiving loots as well. Caps are a guarantee drop for Super Mutants but only up until level 16.
- Scorchbeast Queen
- This enemy will now land on the ground more often.
- You will no longer be able to receive XP from crafting at a public Workshop.
Other C.A.M.P., Crafting and Workshop Changes
- Automatically remove obstructions in C.A.M.P.s:
- Rocks, small trees, and other small objects no longer prevent players from building items in those locations.
- These obstructions are now automatically removed upon constructing objects and structures in C.A.M.P., such as Foundations.
- Placing an object to remove an obstruction and then removing that object, will cause that obstruction to reappear after some time or upon logging back in.
- C.A.M.P. placement improvements:
- A notification will now be displayed to players upon logging into a world if their current C.A.M.P. location is occupied by someone else.
- If they to choose remain in that world, they will be able to place their C.A.M.P. in a new location for free.
- Alternatively, if the player decides not to place their C.A.M.P. in a new location, and instead joins a new world, their C.A.M.P. will be automatically placed back in its original location—provdided that spot is unoccupied.
- The percentage of a C.A.M.P.’s Budget that is being taken up by stored items and Blueprints will now appear in the Budget bar.
- While in build mode, players will be able to easily toggle the left joystick on controllers or press “Q” on PC to alternate between objects that can be built or cannot be.
- Power has now increased from 3 to 12.
- Players now can purchase Atomic Shop items from the Workshop menu.
- SPECIAL Re-speccing:
- Every time a player levels-up after level 50, they can now choose whether to unlock a new Perk Card or transfer one previously allocated SPECIAL point from one category to another.
- This change is not retroactive for characters that have already progressed beyond level 50 but will apply to every level-up they achieve going forward.
- If a player chooses to reallocate a SPECIAL point on leveling-up, they will be unable to select a new Perk Card for that level, and vice-versa.
- Re-speccing details have also been added to the “Perks” section of the in-game Help menu.
- Every time a player levels-up after level 50, they can now choose whether to unlock a new Perk Card or transfer one previously allocated SPECIAL point from one category to another.
- Event Quests
- Now have a 15 minute cooldown timer which will appear at the end of each Enclave Event Quest.
- XP Rewards have been reduced for these quests as well as now have an increased time at the start of each quest changing from 48 minutes to now lasting 1 hour and 12 minutes:
- Fertile Soil, Collision Course, Tea Time, Guided Meditation, Distinguished Guests, Battle Bots, Line in the Sand, Protest March, Grafton Day, Patrol Duty, Jailbreak, Back on the Beat, and Feed the People.
Push-to-Talk Setting (PC):
A Push-to-Talk setting has been added for Voice Chat, and is set to the Caps Lock key by default.
- The “Toggle Always Run” hotkey, which used to be set on Caps Lock, has been moved to the “/” key by default.
- Both the Caps Lock and “/” hotkeys can be rebound in the Controls Menu.
Depth of Field Setting (PC):
- A Depth of Field slider has been added and can be adjusted in the game’s display settings menu.
Field of View Setting (PC):
- A Field of View slider has been added and can be adjusted in the game’s display settings menu.
- The Field of View slider can be adjusted in increments of 5, to a maximum of 120, and a minimum of 70.
- Note: Field of View will be automatically set to 70 while modifying a character’s appearance but can otherwise be set between the values mentioned above.
21:9 Resolution Support (PC):
- The game client will now automatically detect and apply the correct display resolution for monitors that use 21:9 resolutions.
- Additionally, various 21:9 resolutions can be selected in the game’s display settings menu.
Additional User Interface Updates
- AFK Timer – The timer has now been increase from 10 minutes to 30 minutes, giving a longer warning prompt which will last 3 minutes instead of the previous 1 minute.
- Atomic Shop
- Recently added items to the Atomic Shop will now have a “New” icon displayed alongside it and will be brought to the front of their subsections.
- Item subtitles in the Atomic Shop have now been moved to the top of the item images.
- Maximums have now been added to each type of marker that can appear on the compass with up to 60 markers in total being visible at one time. Players will also be able to toggle tracking off on their Pip-Boys for individual quests:
- Quests, locations, hostile players and enemies will have up to 10 markers each.
- Neutral Players and Targeted Enemies will have up to 8 markers each.
- Teammates will have up to 4 markers.
- Players can still use their Pip-Boys to toggle tracking off for individual quests if they’d prefer to reduce them amount of quest markers in the compass, and on-screen.
- Maximums have now been added to each type of marker that can appear on the compass with up to 60 markers in total being visible at one time. Players will also be able to toggle tracking off on their Pip-Boys for individual quests:
STABILITY AND PERFORMANCE
- Fixed an issue that could cause the player to encounter an infinite loading screen when Fast Traveling.
- Addressed hitching that could occur during combat in Nuke Silos.
- Addressed an issue that could cause reduced performance and displayed a red-text error when viewing the Map, Map Menu, Perk Screen, or a Note.
- Addressed an issue that could cause hitching on the Perk Menu when sharing a Perk Card or unequipping a shared Perk Card.
- Addressed a performance issue on Xbox that could occur while traveling in The Mire.
- Addressed an issue that could cause reduced performance after a Wendigo screams.
- Addressed a crash that could occur when accessing the transfer menu after picking up a Power Armor Chassis.
- Addressed a crash that could occur if a Team Invite was automatically declined after not being accepted or rejected.
- Winning the Monster Mash event by collecting the most candy now correctly awards the associated Achievement/Trophy for console players.
- Killing the Scorchbeast Queen during the Scorched Earth event now correctly awards the associated Achievement/Trophy for console players.
- Completing the Breach and Clear event now correctly awards the associated Achievement/Trophy for console players.
ART AND GRAPHICS
- Ghouls in the Vault-Tec Agricultural Research Center’s basement no longer hitch while playing their movement animations.
- Super Mutants inside the Eastern Regional Penitentiary no longer hitch or stall while playing their movement animations.
- Fixed several issues causing Vertibots and other cargo bots to exhibit odd movement behavior when landing.
- C.A.M.P.: On consoles, objects built by the player will no longer temporarily appear completely black upon joining a world.
- Character Models: Other players’ character models will no longer display visual issues when a loading screen completes after exiting a building.
- Fixed a visual issue that could cause wooden objects and structures to display blurry graphic effects.
- On PS4, flames and fire effects now render correctly, and no longer only display smoke and embers.
- Fixed an issue on PS4 that could cause objects within building interiors to appear very dark.
- Fixed an issue that could cause shadows and lighting to flicker in some environments and inside certain buildings.
- Flamethrower Traps no longer display dark hexagonal objects while firing.
- Corrected a visual issue affecting smoke produced by the Cooling Towers at the Thunder Mountain Power Plant.
- Paints: Modding Combat Armor after applying Paint no longer prevents the Paint from appearing.
- Power Armor: On Xbox One, visual artifacts will no longer appear in the upper corners of the screen while wearing Power Armor in the rain.
- Weather: Objects in the world will no longer appear to flicker while it is raining.
- The Minigun’s barrel no longer appears partially transparent while previewing it in the Inspect menu.
- Being attacked while using a Chainsaw no longer causes a “tunnel vision”-like graphic effect to appear on-screen.
- The Pitchfork Flamer mod no longer displays a blocky green texture when previewing it at a Weapons Workbench.
- An extra bolt no longer appears when previewing Crossbows in the Inspect, Trade, or Transfer Menus.
- Fire, Heated, and Electric visual effects now appear correctly when previewing weapons in the Modify and Inspect menus.
C.A.M.P., WORKSHOPS, AND CRAFTING
- Fixed an issue that could prevent a Blueprint from being placed and cause a “Cannot place item: Selected item is floating.” error to display, even if the placement preview showed the intended location was valid.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent a Blueprint from being placed without displaying an error message, even if the placement preview showed the intended location as valid.
- The placement preview for a Blueprint that contains floating objects will no longer occasionally display a green outline despite being unplaceable.
- Attempting to place a Blueprint by snapping it to an existing structure will no longer appear acceptable, or allow placement, if it would cause objects to overlap.
- Fixed an issue that could allow creation of a Blueprint that exceeded the Blueprint Budget.
- Containers: Fixed an exploit that could enable unlimited item storage.
- Doorways: Can now be correctly snapped to floors that are attached to Stairs.
- Recent: The Recent tab in the Build Menu will now correctly display objects that have recently been built.
- Scrapping: Fixed an issue that could allow a player to unintentionally scrap their Pip-Boy.
- Stairs: Can no longer be placed in a way that causes them to clip through Roof objects.
- Addressed an exploit that could cause items in the Stored tab to become duplicated.
- Storing a variant of an object that the player has not yet learned how to build will now cause that item to be converted to a variant the player can build. If no variants have been learned, the stored item will be converted to its base version.
- Wind Chimes: Can now correctly be attached to Walls in C.A.M.P.s.
- Workbenches: The list of available crafting materials at the Power Armor Station now updates correctly upon modifying a suit of Power Armor.
- After Powering up a Power Plant, Power Boxes at the plant now correctly produce 400 Power, and Power Boxes at surrounding Workshops produce 100 Power.
- Car models no longer reappear after being removed by building an object on top of them.
- General: Fixed an issue that could cause enemies to remain stationary while they were out of combat.
- Bee Swarms: Are no longer invisible.
- Honeybeast: No longer drop more Adhesive than intended, and now instead drop a stack of 1 – 2 Adhesive on death.
- Mirelurk Queen: The Mirelurk Queen’s acid attack no longer deals more damage than intended.
- Scorchbeast: The Scorchbeast in the Glassed Cavern can no longer fly through walls.
- Aid: Fixed an issue causing Bobbleheads and Magazines to spawn at a lower rate than intended. These items should now appear 16% more often.
- Apparel: Buying Apparel from a Vendor will now correctly add that item to the player’s Inventory.
- Armor: Fixed an exploit affecting certain armor types that could allow players to gain unlimited carry capacity during that play session.
- Caps: Addressed several exploits that could allow players to gain Caps more quickly than intended.
- Power Armor
- Fixed an issue that could allow two players to simultaneously activate the same suit of unowned Power Armor.
- It is no longer possible to transfer more than one Fusion Core into a suit of Power Armor.
- Serums: Now correctly apply Mutations when consumed, and Mutations applied in this way now correctly appear in the Pip-Boy’s Effects tab.
- Vendors: Items that do not have a Cap value can no longer be sold to Vendors.
- Applying a Precise Stock mod to the Pipe Bolt-Action Pistol no longer increases its rate of fire.
- Attacking another player with a Cryolator no longer drains their Action Points outside of mutual PVP.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent Plasma Pistols from dealing damage.
- Projectile weapons no longer fire at the player’s feet when aiming at a downward angle.
- Personal Matters: Fixed several issues that could prevent Evan from spawning correctly.
- An Ounce of Prevention: The T-Type Fuse quest marker now correctly appears above the container that contains the fuse. Additionally, an optional new objective has been added to help players find a way into Greg’s Mine Supply.
- Chow Line: This Daily Quest can no longer be repeated multiple times per day.
- Dropped Connection: Loot that is left behind by other players after completing this event is now correctly cleared when the event restarts.
- Events: Players can now correctly join Event Quests after Fast Traveling to a nearby location and walking into an active Event area.
- Feed the People: Fixed an issue in which completing the Feed the People Event Quest granted Canned Meat Stew to all players on the server, rather than only the quest’s participants.
- The Missing Link: Collecting the Uplink now correctly clears the Retrieve the Uplink quest step.
- Line in the Sand: Waves of Scorched no longer walk into the walls of Fort Defiance when attempting to reach the Sonic Generator.
- Scorched Earth
- Fixed an issue that could cause this event to be completed immediately after it began.
- Players who damage the Scorchbeast Queen will now correctly receive 2 Military Commendations when she is killed, even if they did not land the killing blow.
- Critical Savvy: No longer allows the player to use a Critical Strike if the Critical Meter is not completely filled.
- Fix it Good: Bonus durability added to armor is no longer suddenly lost after being hit a few times.
- Green Thumb: The double harvest benefit of this Perk no longer incorrectly applies to Mothman Eggs.
- Heavy Gunner: No longer incorrectly benefits the Auto Grenade Launcher.
- Shotgun Perks: No longer incorrectly benefit the M79 Grenade Launcher.
- Strange in Numbers: Now correctly increases positive Mutation effects by 25%, rather than 50%, when on a team with a player who has Mutations that grant bonuses to SPECIAL stats.
- Weapon Artisan: Bonus durability added to a weapon is no longer suddenly lost after using the weapon a few times.
- Weapon Damage: Addressed an issue that could prevent high-level weapons from dealing damage during PVP.
- Team PVP: When attacked by a player who is on a team, the target will now correctly enter mutual PVP with the entire team upon returning fire to any of the aggressor’s teammates. If the target was also on a team, returning fire will begin mutual PVP between both teams.
- Turrets: Will no longer fire on another player who is attacked by the owner of those Turrets outside of mutual PVP combat.
- Friends who have been Blocked now remain visible in the Friends List. This should help players unblock a friend who they may have blocked accidentally.
- Friends who have been Blocked or Ignored will now display a “(Blocked)” or “(Ignored)” tag next to their account name in Friends List.
- Friend status in the Social Menu will now correctly update to Online, Offline, or Main Menu.
- Social Menu
- Players in the Social Menu are now correctly sorted first by those who are Online in the same world, Online in another world, at the Main Menu, Offline, Ignored, Blocked, and finally, by alphabetical order.
- Players on PC who use controllers can now correctly access the search field found at the bottom of the Social Menu.
- Players in the Recent Players list no longer display an Online, Offline, or Main Menu status.
- Players will no longer be placed into a team alone if the player they previously invited disconnects from the game.
- Attempting to accept a team invite after the team’s leader has left the team will no longer cause an error message to display.
- Team members who exit the game will be removed from the team after logging back in. If the team leader disconnected in this way, another team member will become the leader.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent Team Invites from being displayed to the player.
- Game Volume: On Xbox, the game’s audio volume will no longer fluctuate when looking through a weapon’s scope.
- Holotapes: Choosing “Play” upon finding a Holotape in the world while using the “Quick-Boy” version of the Pip-Boy no longer prevents its voiceover from playing.
- Sound Effects: On PS4, wind sound effects at high altitudes now fade out rather than ending abruptly.
- Radio: Playing a Holotape while listening to Appalachia Radio no longer causes a delay when the radio transitions to the next song.
- Atomic Shop
- On PC, clicking the “Back” button while viewing an item’s detailed description no longer causes that item’s details overlay to persist on-screen.
- The clickable area on item buttons in the leftmost column in the Atomic Shop now correctly matches the size of the buttons.
- Addressed an issue that could prevent items in the Atomic Shop from loading correctly for players on console.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent fanfare from playing, or cause it to end early, after making a purchase.
- Clicks will no longer fail to register along the bottom edge of the screen when attempting to purchase Atoms while running the game on PC with a 16:10 monitor resolution.
- Challenges: The “Level Up” Daily Challenge no longer remains completed when Challenges reset on a new day.
- Containers: Weight values no longer shift slightly to the left when viewing a container’s inventory.
- Graphic Settings: Addressed an issue that could cause Graphic Settings to automatically default to Low for some graphics cards, despite being able to support higher settings.
- Hotkeys: Rebinding Jump to a mouse button now correctly causes the “Search” and “Modify/Repair” prompts to display the updated hotkey.
- Keypads: Attempting to access a keypad being used by another player will now correctly display an error message stating that the keypad is in use.
- Carry weight and current Cap totals no longer appear truncated in the bottom-right corner of the Map in the Chinese game client.
- Password characters are no longer missing from the note in the storage room in Camp Venture in the Polish version of the game client.
- Fixed an issue that could cause text to disappear or appear misaligned in hackable Terminals in the Korean version of the game client.
- Wall and Floor Décor section titles in the C.A.M.P.’s Build Menu no longer appear truncated in the Traditional Chinese game client.
- Power Armor
- Fast Traveling with Power Armor that was purchased in the Atomic Shop no longer removes the Atomic Shop logo.
- While wearing Power Armor and playing in 21:9 aspect ratios on PC, raindrops and other visual effects now correctly extend to the edges of the screen.
- Quest Tracker: Fixed an issue that could cause placeholder text to display to teammates in the quest tracker as the team leader progressed through a quest.
- Respawn: Choosing to respawn at the nearest Map Marker no longer occasionally causes the player to encounter an infinite loading screen, a black screen, or an error message.
- Settings: Fixed an issue on PC that could allow the game client’s visible area to extend beyond the bounds of the monitor.
- VATS: Melee attacks will now correctly increase the Critical Meter.
- Workshops: The notification that appears when a player is prompted to retake a previously owned Workshop no longer displays placeholder text.
Patch December 4th 2018
Next week will be when the first major patch rolls out, these include the much anticipated increase to Stash Limit. It will also include various performance and stability improvements, some balance changes and fixes to bugs in the game. They outline a few of the major updates, the full patch notes will arrive later this week:
- Stash Limit Increased: Stash storage limit will get a much needed increase from 400 to 600. They plan to roll out more storage increases later once they have made sure it does not effect game stability in a negative way.
- Boss Loot: Players will receive the correct two to three items after taking down a boss, depending on the creature’s difficulty and level.
- Cryolator Effects: Players hit with the Cryolator are now Chilled, Frosted, or Frozen depending on how many times they are hit. The duration of movement speed reductions applied by these effects have also been decreased from 2 hours to 30 seconds.
- Respawning When Overencumbered: Issue concerning players who die while overencumbered and only being able to Respawn at Vault 76 has now been fixed. Now, overencumbered players will be able to respawn at the nearest discovered Map Marker.
- Stuck in Power Armor: The issue causing players to become stuck inside Power Armor has been addressed in this patch. The develops will continue to work on this issue.
Patch December 11th 2018
Another patch will be available on December 11th, it also include more bug fixes but will also contain some more “notable changes and features to the game”. These include Push-to-Talk for PC, SPECIAL Respec and more:
- PC Additions: A Push-to-Talk setting for Voice Chat, 21:9 resolution support, and a Field of View setting are all being implemented on PC with this update.
- SPECIAL Respec: After level 50, you’ll be able to choose between a new Perk Card, or moving a SPECIAL point you had previously allocated.
- C.A.M.P. Placement on Login: Your C.A.M.P. will no longer be automatically blueprinted and stored if someone is occupying your location when you log into a server. Instead, you’ll receive a notification that your space is occupied. If you decide to find a new home for your C.A.M.P. on that server, it will be free to do so. However, if you don’t attempt to place down your C.A.M.P., you will be able to switch to a new server where that spot is vacant and your C.A.M.P. will be fully assembled and waiting for you.
- Bulldozer: This is a new C.A.M.P. feature that will allow you to remove small trees, rocks, and other obstructions so it’s easier to create and place your C.A.M.P. when and where you want it. You can also “Bulldoze” to clear these items from the surrounding area to make it more your own.
UPCOMING FIXES BEFORE THE END OF THE YEAR
- November 19 Patch - The next update will focus primarily on game performance and stability on all platforms but will also come with a list of fixes to quests, UI, C.A.M.P.s, and more. Patch notes will be available early next week. This update will be large compared to what we expect for patches going forward. Regular updates will always vary in size, but future updates should be much smaller in comparison.
- Stash Limit Increase – We hear you loud and clear. We will be increasing the stash limit in the coming weeks. The current limit is there for technical reasons, to cap the number of items the game is tracking in the world, including every container and stash. We believe we have some ideas in both the short- and long-term that will address the size without risking stability, but this is one we need to take our time on to make sure it is done right.
- Push to Talk for PC – After listening to all of your concerns, we have made progress on getting this into the game and it will also be included in an update in the next few weeks.
- Ultrawide Support – 21:9 support will be coming soon. We have seen it in testing and it looks awesome.
- FOV Slider for PC – We know this is popular request for our PC players— look for an FOV slider soon.
|Patch Note||Change List||Date|
|PC v.126.96.36.199 / Xbox v188.8.131.52 / PS4 v184.108.40.206||Click to see full Patch Notes||19/11/2018|
Stability: The Fallout 76 game client and servers have received significant stability improvements.
Performance: Several issues have been addressed to resolve hitches during gameplay and other performance issues.
Many mid and high-level enemies have received additional balance adjustments. Some notable changes include:
Scorched: Health and Damage Resistance have been increased for mid- and high-level Scorched.
Super Mutants: Health and Damage Resistance have been slightly decreased for mid- and high-level Super Mutants.
Melee Damage: Melee damage has been increased across many mid- and high-level enemies, particularly Mirelurks and Mirelurk Hunters.
C.A.M.P., Workshops, and Crafting
Crafting: Material requirements to craft Throwing Knives and Tomahawks have been increased. Additionally, Throwing Knives and Tomahawks can no longer be sold to vendors.
Event Quests: The time required to restart a previously completed Event Quest has been increased from 45 minutes to 1 hour and 12 minutes.
Art and Graphics
Enemies: Fixed an issue that could cause enemies to stop playing animations and instead enter a default “T-Pose”.
Graphics: Fixed an issue that could cause artifacting to display on the character’s hands and weapons while inside the Whitespring and playing in first-person.
Graphics [Xbox]: Fixed an issue causing the game world to appear darker than intended on Xbox.
Water: Water no longer flickers or flashes white in building interiors.
Workbenches [PS4]: Item previews no longer exhibit visual issues while attempting to modify weapons at Workbenches.
Workshops: Powered objects placed at Workshops will now correctly play animations and sound effects.
Voice Chat: Changing Xbox Live Communication and Multiplayer settings to “Friends” now correctly limits in-game voice chat to Xbox Live friends.
Voice Chat: Selecting “Play with Team” from the Main Menu no longer causes voice chat to stop functioning for non-leader teammates.
C.A.M.P., Workshops, and Crafting
Workshops: Successfully defending a Workshop no longer awards more Aid items than intended.
I Am Become Death: Launching a Nuke will now complete the “I Am Become Death” Quest for all teammates.
Rewards: Completing the “First Contact” and “Thirst Thing’s First” quests no longer award more Aid items than intended.
Languages: Improvements have been made to better support text display across several languages, including: Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese.
Languages: Blueprints now accept names that utilize Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese characters.
Languages: Running Fallout 76 with language options set to Traditional or Simplified Chinese no longer causes the game to launch in English.
Login [PC]: Fixed an issue that could prevent players from logging into Fallout 76 on PC.
Resolution [PC]: Adjusting Windows Display Scaling settings no longer causes the game to launch in lower or higher resolutions than expected.
Map: Map markers no longer disappear when attempting to respawn after dying while overencumbered and possessing no Caps.
Settings [PC]: The Lighting Quality setting can now correctly be changed to High.
Social: Players will no longer encounter a “Failed to reconnect to team.” error message at the Main Menu screen.
Social: Fixed an issue that could prevent players from seeing one another in the Social Menu after adding each other as friends.
Trading: Attempting to trade with a player who is entering Power Armor no longer causes the game client to become unresponsive.
Patch Notes | Fallout 76
November 5, 2018
By Bethesda Game Studios