Caps in Fallout 76 are widely used as currency throughout the post-War United States, including Appalachia. Caps can come from most Nuka-Cola beverages.
Where to Find Caps
Locations where you can find Caps are listed below:
- Often given as a reward for completing quests.
- Various amounts are found in caps stashes.
- Occasionally found arranged on chessboards.
- Caps cannot be stored or dropped.
- Bottlecaps can be earned by killing other player characters through player versus player combat, revenge, or bounties. Killing a player character who hadn't attacked back will remove caps to pay for a bounty on the killer, which other characters can collect. Status debuffs will replace bottlecaps if the killer doesn't have enough.
- A maximum possession of 40,000 caps per player character is enforced by the game.
Join the page discussion Tired of anon posting? Register!