Signal Strength is a Main Quest in Fallout 76. The aim of this Main Quest is to build a Signal Repeater by finding two of its components, then installing it at an Array Tower. Quests are objectives that the player may complete to obtain special rewards for their participation in the wasteland activities.
Signal Strength Objectives
- Find the Signal Repeater Schematic.
- Read Signal Repeater Notes.
- Search for an RCX01-A39 Duplexer.
- Search for an SMU-97 Transponder.
- Construct the Signal Repeater at any Tinker's Workbench.
- Go to the National Isolated Radio Array.
- Install the Signal Repeater.
- Divert Power To The Repeater.
- Return to Speak with Rose.
Signal Strength Locations
Signal Strength Enemies
Signal Strength Walkthrough
The voice on the radio, Rose, will want you to locate a Signal Repeater Schematic before helping you. Since you're in need, head north of Top of the World and you'll arrive at Seneca Rocks Visitor Center. Once here, continue a little more northwest to arrive at a motel. On the second floor, there will be a man called Major Darion Jones, who is dead and won't be needing the Signal Repeater Schematics and Signal Repeater Notes, which are on his person.
Once you looted the corpse, read the Notes to become assigned with locating two more parts to build the Signal Repeater. Here's how to get each:
- Located in 98 NAR Regional, just south of the Top of the World.
- Find the part in the north side of the area, in a circuitry panel in a wrecked train car.
Once you've secured both parts, locate the closest Tinker's Workbench, which is in a trailer at the Tygart Water Treatment facility; this facility is southwest of the SMU-97 Transporter. Once you find it, build the Signal Repeater, under the "Quest Items".
You'll need to install your newly-built Signal Repeater at the National Isolated Radio Array, which is located southeast of the Top of the World. After installing it, divert the power from a Terminal in a station southwest to where you've just installed the piece. Once you've reached the Terminal, select "Auxiliary Component Control" then "Diver Power to Auxiliary Component". This will transfer the energy to the Repeater.
Return to the Top of the World, to gain access to the third floor via the lift. Complete this quest and move onto the next.
Notes & Notable Loot
- Note 1
- Note 2
- Note 3
- Loot 1
- Loot 2
- Loot 3